Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week 5 EOC: Social Networks and Job Hunting




first off I’d like to say I have used most of the sites such as monster, craigslist, etc. but I have never used facebook. Now this is an intriguing concept that I have never even thought about happening. But really in reality I want to say why I didn’t think of that before. I’ve got to say this is pure genius from Facebook’s part. Everything makes sense when you’re talking about social networking and everyone looking to be hired. Why not put those two concepts together. Now with applications and the convenience to apply and search on the palm of your hand makes everything more worth wild. In my opinion the reason our young generation today do not have jobs is because they are too busy with all these new gadgets and such and are so occupied that they don’t have the passion or motivation to get up and look for a job. I’ve come to realized growing up having to support my family with a job that I don’t have to actually get up and get dressed and try and present myself to a company just to apply for a job. Nowadays you can go online and click away at your own convenience. With Facebook as big as it is, it should catch the eye of everyone on it because EVERYONE IS ON IT. For Facebook to beat out such big companies such as LinkedIn tells me that their marketing plan is on the rising.





-“Facebook is making a dent.”
-“Candidates have been 50% more likely to apply to positions they found through Facebook than through other
Means”

No comments:

Post a Comment